Thursday 4 April 2013

Friday 5th April

Very frustrating day yesterday for many reasons, would prefer to just move on. Earned plenty of place money and our NAP won at 5/2 but except from that it was certainly not our best day! On to Friday:

Actonetaketwo consistently runs eyecatchers and should have won her last three. She takes his time to get into stride but when she gets going there is no stopping her, she flies home. She has finished third two of the last three runs behind Sand Grouse about half a length on one occasion. However Sand Grouse has had his chances and may have to settle for second best behind this young filly as he was weakeneing while AOTT was closing rapidly. The jockeys' claim further aids her cause and when I saw Sand Grouse was almost evens and our girl was 5/2 I was very surprised. In time a step up in trip will suit, but the trainer has every right and expectation that the C and D winner can get at least one more win at 7f under her belt in this weak looking race.

Free Thinking stands out for me in the flat race at Aintree tomorrow. The Henderson trained 5yo looks overpriced at 10/1 in my opinion. He was beaten by two of these last time but that was on heavy ground which this horse isn't suited by. That said he rallied gamely late on to grab third place some 8 lengths behind todays opposition. The quicker ground will be ideal for this horse as shown by his rout of rivals on his debut on the A/W. He wasn't so convincing the next time on soft ground but still won, gamely holding off a late charge, and he was well fancied that day too and started fairly long odds on. I really fancy him to run a big race tomorrow and at 10/1 is a cracking each way bet.

14.00 Aintree - My Tent or Yous will win but no value in backing him as a win bet. The distance market offers up some value and I fancy over 10L winning distance at 7/2 as he is a class above these.

14.30 Aintree - Dynaste is the obvious strating point for me. Always felt he was a horse with too much hype surrounding him and although second, he was a disappointment to a lot of people who had him down as a banker of the festival. Nicholls horse will go well as will Super Duty, in fact he will probably win as I backed him at Chelt when he went down by a head and not backing him this time. I think Vino Griego is a very fair price at 8/1. He stays the distance well as shown by his powerful finish when beating some good horses on his recent run over 3m. His latest run was at Cheltenham which I know wasn't a great omen on day one but he ran well staying on best but couldn't catch the winner, finishing a creditable second. The ground drying may be a worry but some of his competitors are also better suited by softer going. Worth a small e/w bet of interest anyway imo.

15.05 Aintree - Sprinter Sacre will be winning I pray and hope, mainly for connections sake as I hope they have a long term plan. If they are just seeing whether he can handle another 4f then that is wrong imo, but The King George and maybe the Gold Cup one day seem plausible targets. But who knows we may find out tomorrow. Had a very interesting debate on Twitter last night into the early hourse, enough been said I think. Who will follow him home? Who knows but I will be laughing if it is the Mad Moose as he is one of my favourite horses and have backed him at 250/1 e/w as I always have done and always will. Stranger things have happened, believe it or not! Part of that price is based on whether he refuses to race or not as he can be a tricky customer like when I backed him at Chelt and quietly fancied him to run a big race! Anyway come on Sprinter Sacre, please win.

15.40 Aintree - Races like this are a lottery and I generally avoid but I have been told to back Criqtonic by a reliable source e/w so I have, end of story.

16.15 Aintree - Staying loyal to Master Of The Sea in this one. At Fisher's Cross as short as he wants to be given he is only proven on sfoter going and McCoy loves laying those favourites. MOTS lost nothing in defeat at Cheltenham and won last time he was here. Don't expect him to win this but I think he has a very fair chance of placing and the price looks fair enough.

16.50 Aintree - Kyhber Kim still has a touch of class despite the fact she isn't getting any younger. I like this horse a lot and she has solid e/w claims in a weaker race than she usually contests. She is a C and D winner too and the old girl has another big race in her and Geraghty back on board is a plus. Not having Broadway Buffalo in this race one little bit though Cotton Mill should go much better than recent showings and has a huge chance.


14.00 Aintree - My Tent Or Yours to win by 10L+ @ 7/2
14.30 Aintree - Vino Griego @ 8/1 e/w
15.40 Aintree - Criqtonic @ 25/1 e/w
16.15 Aintree - Master Of The Sea @ 8/1 e/w
16.50 Aintree - Khyber Kim @ 16/1 e/w
17.25 Aintree - Free Thinking @ 10/1 e/w
17.55 Wolves - Actonetaketwo @ 5/2


No value at either A/W meetings for me except the one pick which is about as short as we back for a single. (The Sedgefield card was one of the worst I have ever seen) Plenty of the favs should be winning at Aintree and everyone will have their accumulators on the favs for sure, although if you fancy some value, why not go for the same picks as me? Tell us what you think on Twitter @THTRacing.

THT

No comments:

Post a Comment