Friday 5 April 2013

Saturday 6th April

Morning all. Back very late from work so please once again excuse the fact there are no write ups. You can trust the same amount of effort has gone into the picks as always but I will be up all night if I do a full write up on every race. We haven't got lazy! What I would say though is my long term followers know a horse called Jack Of Diamonds means a lot to me and I have been waiting five months for his return and he is back today!! However he is entered in an ultra competitive race and will have to run to his best to win. He is still very young and has bags of potential and will give it a great go and should go well fresh. Would make my day if he won, but will be happy nonetheless. He is 8/1 at the time of writing so I am backing e/w. He will win plenty of races this flat season and is very much one to follow. Here goes:


Lingfield 14.25 - Tepmokea @ 7/1 e/w
Aintree 14.50 - African Gold @ 9/1 e/w
Lingfield 16.45 - Jack Of Diamonds @ 8/1 e/w

Also having an each way trixie on the three which pays £2539.38 for a £2.50 e/w stake.

Aintree 15.25 - Problema Tic @ 14/1 e/w

The Grand National:

After much debate I have whittled my picks down to three. Backing one of the shorter prices, a middle priced horse and an outsider but also had tiny e/w stakes on Any Currency and Rainbow Hunter for sentimental reasons. Being totally honest the three below are all horses I would love to win for racing reasons or the fact the horses/owners/trainers mean something to me personally. With that in mind you may want to look elsewhere but they are just the three I have backed myself, just thought you should know! There are probably horses with better chances on form etc but there you go, just the way I have decided to do it. My old man keeps telling me Chicago Grey will win though...

Seabass @ 12/1 - Third in this last year and would be great for racing if Katie Walsh could win for her Dad, Ted. As well as making history, the Walsh's sadly lost a horse just two days ago here at this meeting and winning the Grand National would be just brilliant, I want this horse to win so badly, and he is sure to run very well.

Roberto Goldback @ 25/1 - Would be fitting for Nicky Henderson to win the National, something he has never achieved, after the great week he has had. All his horses in top nick, the mighty Sprinter Sacre dominating a class field over a longer distance than he is used to and with the trainers championship heading back to his yard for the first time in god knows how long this would really be the icing on the cake.

Big Fella Thanks @ 60/1. I love this horse and something tells me he can run a massive race. Whether he can really win this I am not so sure, but I think he has fair place claims, and would really love him to go well.

So there you are. Despite the fact we may have backed the horses for the wrong reasons, they are the three picks nonetheless. You must agree, one of theses winning, especially Seabass would be great for racing as a whole. Not as great for racing however, as the 40 brave warriors and their jockeys all coming home safe. Wouldn't that just be a dream? Seabass winning and no fatalities in what in recent years has become the graveyard for some fantastic horses. Please dear God let the jockeys end the night in their own beds and the horses in their own stables. And most of all, enjoy the ultimate test of human and equine stamina, bravery and courage. It is sure to be a cracker. Good Luck all.

NB: A 50p e/w Lucky 15 on our trixie horses and Seabass pays £6k+.


THT

No comments:

Post a Comment